Mashed potatoes are always a welcome addition to a meal in every household and it is one meal that is loved and adored by a lot of people around the globe, and there are various types ways to enjoy potatoes and a hand mixer comes in quite handy when you love your potatoes mashed.
A hand mixer is an essential kitchen tool for any home cook, it is suitable for blending, beating, mixing, or whipping, and with so many models out in the market, it’s hard to choose the most durable and the one which suits your preference.
Hand mixers are doing a great job of making mashed potatoes very easy and getting a quality one is essential. Even Gordon Ramay recommends a quality hand mixer when it comes to his mashed potatoes (check out the recipe from thefoodxp).
Hand mixers are a vital kitchen tool for easy and convenient whipping, beating and mixing of ingredients, hand mixers help to release too much starch from the potatoes compare to a hand blender which would likely blend them in and make it heavy and a bit like glue, hand mixer mix in much more liquid without releasing too much starch, giving you a smooth creamy texture.
There are lots of amazing things you can do with a hand mixer and if you are buying one for the first time or need the best replacement for your hand mixer, we have gathered some of the best hand mixers based on reviews in this article.
Top Picks of This Year
Buying a hand mixer that is durable and gets the job efficiently can be a bit tacky, hand blenders are not just great as potato masher but make a couple of tasks like whisking eggs, whip creams inti fluffy clouds or grinding spices, among other simple kitchen tasks, nothing else beats a hand mixer when it comes to common kitchen tasks.
Hand mixers are a great tool for mashed potatoes and other smaller recipes and don’t take as much space as other appliances, here are some amazing, budget-friendly hand mixer for mashed potatoes on Amazon.
- Best Overall Hand Mixer: KitchenAid Digital Hand Mixer
- Best Budget Hand Mixer: Hamilton Beach Hand Mixer With Snap Case On
- Best Basic Hand Mixer: VonShef Hand Mixer
- Most Valued Hand Mixer: Cuisinart Power Advantage Hand Mixer
- Best Multi-Use Hand Mixer: Black Plus Decker Hand Mixer
- Best Quiet Hand Mixer: Krups Hand Mixer
- Most Versatile Hand Mixer: Sunbeam Series Hand Mixer
- Most Efficient Hand Mixer: Oster Speed Clean Start Hand Mixer
OUR TOP PICK
1. KitchenAid Digital Hand Mixer – Best Overall Hand Mixer
A KitchenAid hand mixer is a digital hand mixer that mashes your potatoes and attends to other tasks in the kitchen efficiently, this hand mixer gets you covered if you want a Haigh quality hand mixer that gets the job done every time.
This hand mixer comes with turbo beater ii accessories and pro whisk attachment to make kitchen work easier and convenient, this is the best hand mixer if you plan to use it for more than mashing potatoes.
A KitchenAid hand mixer is efficient and chosen as the best overall hand mixer due to some of its amazing qualities and easy to use features.
- 7 speeds that combine ingredients slowly at speed one and speed four for mashing potatoes into a creamy smooth texture
- Soft grip handle that provides comfort when using
- Soft start feature
- Easy to operate buttons.
2. Hamilton Beach Hand Mixer With Snap Case On – Best Budget Hand Mixer
Hamilton Beach hand mixer is designed for convenience and pocket friendly for getting your favorite mashed potatoes, it has beaters that are great for fast and easy mixing and twisted wired beaters that are designed for mixing faster and fewer clogs so you can tackle any baking recipe.
This hand mixer has 6 different speed options and a quick burst button for times with you need an extra burst of power for efficiency.
Hamilton Beach hand mixer is quality plus budget-friendly, you do not have to worry about spending too much and getting little.
It comes with a snap-on storage case and 6 other attachments which is everything you need to have in your hand mixer like a twisted wire beater, milkshake blending rod, two dough hook, and a whisk.
3. Utalent Multi-Speed Hand Mixer – Best Basic Hand Mixer
Looking for a simple digital hand mixer for potatoes mashing?
Utalent hand mixer gets the job done with less hassle and it’s one the reason it has been chosen as one of the most basic hand mixers for mashing potatoes and other simple tasks like mixing of baking ingredients.
This hand mixer is an electric hand mixer with a 250W motor turbo setting that allows you to whisk, mix and knead to cook and bake, it also includes dough hooks, beaters, and a balloon whisk too.
You can easily have this basic hand masher cleaned and the settings are all thumb operated too, meaning it’s not just easy to use but convenient as well.
4. Cuisinart Power Advantage Hand Mixer – Most Valued Hand Mixer
Most hand mixer gives you more stress than you bargained for however to avoid that, we have discovered Cuisinart power advantage hand mixer, it is a hand mixer with 220-watt motor and automatic feedback to make your tasks easier.
This hand mixer has a simple on/off button that makes operating it easy, 1 touch speed control and 9-speed options that let you get your potatoes mashed at the required speed limit and even more interestingly 3 low start speeds to prevent ingredients from splattering and messing up your counter.
5. Black Plus Decker Hand Mixer – Best Multi-Use Hand Mixer
A multi-use hand mixer will not only give you a smooth easy to mash potatoes but it can get other kitchen tasks done with ease and a black plus decker hand mixer is considered the most suitable option.
It comes with 5 attachments and storage case that help you tackle a number of kitchen tasks, these attachments include two professional-style wire beater, one whisk and two dough hooks all of which are dishwasher safe.
The full storage case keeps the mixer and attachment in one spot which means you do not have to worry about storage.
This hand mixer has a power boost function for getting through tough mixing tasks.
6. Krups Hand Mixer – Best Quiet Hand Mixer
Krups hand mixer is efficient but quiet and compared to other mixers, it is simply an efficient hand mixer but is the heaviest at 2 pounds and 9 ounces but the most really interesting feature about this hand mixer is the silicon beaters which helps to eliminate noise and avoids scratches on your cookware.
This is an interesting choice of a hand mixer for mashed potatoes and the mixer includes two dough hooks and one whisk and it is quite affordable as well.
7. Remington Russel Hand Mixer – Most Versatile Hand Mixer
Remington Russell Hobbs hand mixer makes every kind of ingredient mixing fun and hassle-free, you can spend less time in the kitchen with this hand mixer for mashed potatoes and can be used easily for all kinds of tasks in the kitchen, it is quite versatile.
This hand mixer has amazing reviews that define how efficient a kitchen tool it is, with 275 watt that makes it quite powerful, 4 variable speeds, a burst of power button that is easy to operate and it offers a durable construction styling and a comfortable grip that makes mixing simple without straining your hand.
8. Oster Speed Clean Start Hand Mixer – Most Efficient Hand Mixer
A quite interesting hand mixer that has been chosen to be the most efficient is roster hand mixer, this hand mixer is a versatile hand mixer with that features 270 watts and 320 peak watts of power for everything which includes making quick thick cookie dough to a delicate meringue.
Oster speed clean hand mixer also features 7-speed control for versatility plus one tough burst of power for an extra power boost which is one button away when you need it.
This hand mixer also includes 2 durable beaters and practically all the attachments you need an efficient hand mixer to have, some of which includes a super aerator whisk attachment that offers 30% faster whipping than a standard Oster balloon whisk and draws in maximum air to create stiff peaks and fluffy meringues faster compared to other hand mixers.
This is quite efficient for mashed potatoes.
What can I use instead of a hand mixer for mashed potatoes?
Hand mixers are great tools for smaller recipes and it’s pretty great for mashed potatoes, it gives you fluffy smooth potatoes in no time however if you need a quick way to mash your potatoes with less hassle.
Here are a couple of potatoes masters to use instead of a hand mixer.
- Stand mixer
- Food mill
- Food processor
How do I make the smoothest mashed potatoes?
A smooth creamy mashed potato makes all effort of making it worth it and if you are the lookout for this then we recommend getting a durable and powerful hand mixer for this.
Hand mixers are efficient for the smoothest mashed potatoes.
A durable and powerful hand mixer is all you need to make smooth mashed potatoes.
What are some of the cool features of a hand mixer?
A hand mixer is not designed for mashed potatoes alone, a hand mixer is a kitchen tool worth investing in, some hand mixers include a bowl stand that allows the mixer to rest the hand mixer on the bowl while preventing it from falling it and other cool features include a flat back end that enables you to set the mixer down on the surface without splattering excess potato mix all over the place.
Some other cool features that make a hand mixer worthwhile includes a convenient storage space, most hand mixers have a snap-on storage case that can be snapped into the bottom of the mixer when it’s not in use and this can come in handy if you have limited storage space, some are also equipped with a release button or switch and this features can be useful when you are ready to deal with mashed potatoes cleanup.
What To Consider When Buying A Hand Mixer
Before buying a hand mixer, there are some simple guides to follow, stand mixers are the best go-to for heavy-duty baking and blending but sometimes you need a gadget that is handy and can be used for making mashed potatoes and easily whip up fluffy egg whites or cream and sugar together for chewy chocolate chips.
If you are not sure of what you are looking for when you want to buy a hand mixer, below are simple guides to help you decide.
- Ease Of Use: Get a hand mixer that is convenient and easy to use, preferable one with a simple button to turn it on and off, a switch that will let you switch between different mixing levels and comes with buttons that are easy to understand. No need to go for a hand mixer with fancy bells and whistles, you just need one that works efficiently and mashes your potatoes well.
- Multiple Speed Settings: There are a variety of speeds on a speed mixer ranging from 3, 5 and even 10 speeds to let you make your speed choice and while it may be tempting to get ones with one speed, this is not advisable, you will want one with multiple speeds which will enable adjust it to the ingredients you are mixing. Mashed potatoes won’t necessarily need high speed to be mashed properly so it’s best to pick one that can easily go from low to high in multiple steps.
- Attachments: If you plan to use your hand mixer for more than just beating baked ingredients then an attachment will come in handy, you should buy one that comes with a variety of attachments like a dough hook, whisk or spatula.
- Portability And Weight: The purpose of the hand mixer is for making some kitchen tasks efficient and convenient which is why looking for a lightweight and a portable hand mixer is vital, heavy hand mixers will only tire your wrist, elbow, and shoulder as you hold to stir your ingredients in.
What Is the Best Tool for Mashed Potato
There have been lots of the ongoing debate on the best tool for mashed potato and if you want your potatoes to turn out smooth and creamy then the simplest tool to use will be a handheld masher. it allows you to do the mashing right in the pan you plan to use for cooking it and you can spend less time on it.
A hand potato masher can give a coarser texture with a homemade look and you can mash longer for a creamier texture.
What Are the Benefits of Using an Electric Hand Mixer Over a Manual Potato Masher?
There will always people who have a preference between an electric hand mixer and a manual potato masher, however, these two come with its own advantages and disadvantages just like every other kitchen tool.
A quality hand mixer is always going to give you a bowl of mashed potatoes faster than a manual one and if you like saving time in the kitchen then a good hand mixer can help with that.
A hand mixer is also great if you want soft pillowy mashed potatoes, a hand mixer will give you then but trying to make a manual potato masher produce smooth mashed potato is impossible and it’s quite a lot of work and still won’t yield the exact results you want.
A hand mixer is quite beneficial compared to a manual potato mixer as mashing lots of potatoes by hand can be really exhausting and you can save more quality time with a hand mixer
A hand mixer is not limited to mashed potatoes alone, it is a great kitchen tool when you are preparing food in the kitchen and you need to mix different types of ingredients and this is one of the responses why you should invest in a hand mixer.
Any of the hand mixers listed in this post are efficient for mashed potatoes and it is important to consider what the hand mixer is meant to be used for before shopping for one.
If you love baking, frosting, or preparing pizza among mixing other ingredients then a hand mixer can make your work easier and faster.
Here are some other interesting models that you might like:
- NO MORE LOST BEATERS: The snap-on storage case holds the included attachments, reducing the chance that beaters for the electric hand mixer get lost...
- INCLUDES COMPLETE 3 PIECE ATTACHMENT SET: The Hamilton Beach hand mixer includes everything you need to start mixing. It comes with 2 dishwasher safe...
- REDUCE MESSY SPLATTERS: The hand mixer has a slower first speed that helps keep ingredients in the bowl when mixing. It's perfect for folding in dry...
- MIX AND WHIP INGREDIENTS WITH EASE: With 275 watts peak power, the hand mixer easily mixes and whips the ingredients for your favorite recipes,...
- VERSATILE WITH 6 SPEEDS & QUICKBURST: This versatile hand mixer with storage case has 6 different speed options for a wide range of mixing tasks, plus...
- Mix with ease: With 6 speeds, including the quickest button, you can adjust this kitchen mixer to accommodate any baking recipe.
- Easy to handle: With 250 watts of peak power hand mixer.
- Bowl rest feature: A built-in groove lets you rest the hand mixer over the bowl, so drips go where they belong and not all over your countertop.
- Versatile attachments: The kitchen mixer includes easy to clean set of traditional beaters and whisk.
- Snap-on storage case: This hand mixer includes a handy snap-on storage case—no more lost beaters
- 🍰【5 Speeds with Ejection Button】- This hand mixers with 1 to 5 different speeds. Whether it is slow, medium, and fast speeds to meet your...
- 🍰【400W Powerful Motor & Fast Heat Dissipation】- The Newest Upgrade All-Pure Copper Motor,Differ from Copper-Clad Aluminum in the market. The...
- 🍰【Turbo Boost/Self-Control Speed, Suitable For Beginners】- Avoid ingredients splash ,And can speed up each gear at the same time. When you...
- 🍰【5 Stainless Steel Accessories】- Easy to clean and dishwasher safe. 2 × Dough Hooks for whipping dough, 2 × Beaters 1 × Whisk for eggs and...
- 🍰【High Level Customer Service】: Professional electric hand mixer is the best choice for gift giving. 3-Month MONEY-BACK guarantee, ONE-YEAR...
- Use the Multi chopper basket to chop food into small, evenly sized pieces with minimal moisture; ideal for onions, cheese, hard-boiled eggs, pickles...
- Single button release for quick accessory change when you're in the middle of a recipe
- Easy to clean and dishwasher safe
- Baking with Ease: With 5 regular speed and turbo function, it will meet all of your mixing needs. Turbo function speed up for each gear, Start at a...
- Versatile Safe Attachments: Electric hand mixer includes 5 stainless steel attachments, two dough hooks, two beaters and a whisk, perfect for cooking...
- Easy to Clean: The flawless construction will save your time to clean it. You can clean the body with a single damp cloth. All the attachments are...
- Compact Storage Base: Keeps everything in one place. Not only will they not be lose to the depths of a drawer, but also it will save space for you.
- What You Get: 1x hand mixer, 2x Beaters, 2x Dough Hooks, 1x whisk, 1x storage base. We do our best to ensure you get a perfect hand mixer. If there is...
- 5 Speeds plus Power Boost
- Comfort Grip - The lightweight mixer features an ergonomic grip for comfortable operation
- Heel and Bowl Rest - The heel of the mixer is designed to rest upright on the counter or sit on the edge of the bowl
- Dishwasher-Safe Parts