Table of Contents
Ceramic Tawa and nonstick cookware are both popular for their nonstick features, ceramic cookware refers to clay pots and pans that are kiln based and specially glazed, it coulda also be pots and pans that are made of aluminium or some other metal that is coated with a ceramic enamel, this two have been known to be the choice of many households for years as it is resistant to scratch and chips however when it comes to choosing between this two it can be a bit confusing. There are lot’s of cookwares available but a ceramic Tawa and nonstick cookware have always been chosen as it is safer and easier to use.
The debate over the nonsticking cookware to go for has been around for ages, nonstick cookware is a surface engineered to reduce the ability of other materials to stick to it, nonstick cookware is a common application just like a ceramic Tawa, and the nonstick coating allows food to brown without sticking to the pan.
Is nonstick cookware or ceramic tawa safe? This cookwares are just recent but has gained popularity fast and this could be as a result of how safe and healthy it is, they are great for cooking and easy to clean and if you are thinking of which to go for, this article contains on which would be most suitable for you.
Ceramic Tawa Vs Non-Stick
When it comes to ceramic Tawa and no-stick cookware, the main difference lies in the composition of the non-stick coating, tawa cookware is known to emit toxic fumes when it is heated up to a certain extent temperature while the non-stick coating, on the other hand, allows you to cook with less oil and cleaning up is a breeze but one main concern about this is that nonstick coating can flake off and be ingested. Ceramic coated are made of ceramic which is clay that has been hardened with heat while Teflon material is popular for nonstick properties can create cookware that is more durable than ceramic-coated cookware.
Ceramic cookware is often considered non-toxic but when the ceramic coating wears off however the safety and life expectancy of both cookware can be increased by using wooden utensils. so that the surface does not scratch.
Are ceramic tawa and nonstick cookware good for Cooking?
Ceramic cookware contains no harmful chemical whatsoever and the only cookware you should avoid is Teflon coated cookware, however, no ceramic cookware has been found to have traces of Teflon which means ceramic cookware is 100% save, toxin-free and environmentally friendly and a ceramic tawa and nonstick cookware are among the cookwares recommended to be safe and easy to use.
Ceramic cookware is completely no reactive and it does not contain any chemical additives which mean there won’t be any leaching in your food so your cookware is safe to use in cooking, and you can also use less oil when using nonstick cookware and other cookware too, you can easily saute your food rather than steaming or boiling it, which can decrease the nutrients in it.
Benefits Of Ceramic Tawa
Ceramic cookware offers attractive uses and benefits which is why it has been cheerfully adopted in recent years by many households, many benefits come with using ceramic cookware if you are using ceramic cookware for the first time or can’t decide the type of cookware to go for, here are a couple of benefits of ceramic cookware.
- No trace of chemicals or metals used in this cookware, that can leech into your food from the cooking surface to affect the flavour of your food or your health
- Ceramic cookware can withstand temperatures no matter how high which makes it durable as it is incredible resistance to heat, therefore, it acts like a ceramic insulation coating and is also resistant to scratches so it will last for years with lots of wear and tear.
- It is quite versatile and can be used in cooking practically any kind of meal
- Another great benefit of ceramic cookware is that is is energy efficient, it heats up quickly so you don’t have to waste your oven or stove top’s energy to heat them.
Benefits Of other non-stick pans
Nonstick pans offer many benefits, they work amazingly well when used in cooking foods. If you are considering a nonstick piot and pan cookware, below are some of its benefits.
- Nonstick pans are great for cooking foods that generally stick easily such as eggs and they contribute to healthier cooking because nonstick pans do not require the amount of oil that stainless steel needs to keep food from sticking together.
- Nonstick cookware also has resistance to acids, they will not react to acids like tomatoes or wine as this stainless steel would have.
- Nonstick pans are easy to clean, foods don’t stick to the surface like stainless steel does which makes them easier to wash.
Which should you go for?
Ceramic tawa came later than nonstick cookware but both are fast becoming a cooking tool in lot’s of households, ceramic cookware was created as people start to worry about PTFE nad the side effects from Teflon, nonstick cookware is also believed to release toxic gasses when heated up to 500 degrees F however nonstick cookware is mostly chosen for its high durability, if you need to make food over high heat then a ceramic tawa would be a perfect choice but not as durable as nonstick cookware but you can make healthier meals with it.
Comparing a ceramic tawa with nonstick cookware is not easy, each of this cookware has its own advantage and disadvantage, ceramic cookware is also cheaper compared to a Teflon coated cookware, nonstick pans offer many benefits though but not to be used over high heat.
When choosing cookware, you shouldn’t be limited by what is sold in stores, you can purchase each cookware separately after considering some factors like what the pan would be used for, method of cooking, amount of cleanup necessary and also storage space available before buying your cookware.